Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Happy Damnit

At Barnes & Noble after a long day one of the first books Anthony finds is a book that’s main part of its title is “Happy Damnit.” We thought it was pretty funny and decided that it was written just for us! Then I started singing “Dontcha be a grumpy, when the road gets bumpy, just smile, smile, smile!” It’s from the movie “Where the Heart Is.” It’s amazing the calming effect a good chai can have on me. Seriously, I take one sip & remember to breathe & I think, “the world is all good.”

If only it were this easy & didn’t cost money & weren’t so many calories to remind me to stop & breath. God’s love is free, but somehow that seems to be the hardest thing to fully accept some days. I’ve really come to the conclusion that if I were meant to understand some things like love & life & ministry & people then I would. God would give us all that knowledge & life would be hunky dory & grand.

We find comfort in the silly things like chai, a good conversation, a worship that seemed to be planned just for you, or watching funny movies like what we’re watching right now. Ant & I are watching “Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat” with Donny Osmond & I’m not sure if he’s supposed to be Joseph or Tarzan. I’m pretty sure I have never seen this movie, but I’ve seen the musical done a couple of times.

This is a random post just to say that God is crazy & enthralling & I don’t know that I’ll ever really know what He’s thinking or doing in my life, but it doesn’t really matter. If anything it makes life more exciting. No matter what I’m gonna be happy, damnit!

No comments: