Thursday, September 13, 2007

My drugs of choice

My first drug of choice is Jesus, hopefully that's obvious. My second though I shouldn't even have to specify as much, but it is a chocolate frosty from Wendy's. SO good, however, they should've never made vanilla even an option. Seriously, what were they thinking? Dave Thomas is probably rolling in his grave!

It seems like SO much has happened since I last had a chance to write, but really it hasn't been that long. The teams are all moved to their new homes now. Our parsonage is great and we have some fun furniture. Eventually I'll have to post some photos on here, but I'm not on my own computer currently. The walls are very white though so my teammate, Anthony, & I have spent some time making a collage of random magazine clippings on the wall. We're also planning on putting up the traveling team posters when they get printed, so that'll decorate another wall. Then we're going to have a wall for quotes & such.

We have been doing a lot of orientation between Redeemer (where the parsonage is) & Emmaus. We go to Our Saviours for the first time tonight so that is exciting. All the churches have a lot going on with different ideas & different ministries. We have been well taken care of with several people taking us out for lunch & dinner as well. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I was surprised by Miriam Kline at our sending service. It was great to see her & have her play mom for the evening. Back to life in Racine though, all the pastors & congregation members have been so welcoming & I'm really looking forward to continue learning of what God has planned for our year here with all of them.

Dad & Mom are visiting next weekend & bringing me stuff from home so my walls won't be so white & scary. I need color in my life! My very good friend Melissa is visiting this weekend & I haven't seen her since January so that's exciting. We are hopefully going to be graced by another Spoke Folker who lives nearby & actually went to school with my teammate. I'm sure there is heaps more I could type about, but I can't think of it right now. If you would like more detail be sure to ask & I'll do my best to say more. This roller coaster needs to turn right side up & slow down a bit for a while!

No comments: