Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tuesday Tea Time

It's Tuesday, have you had your tea today?

I don't know that I ever thought I would become such a tea drinker, but I typically start my day with a cup, travel mug, or some sort of container of tea. This time of year I like to drink more stout teas and in the warmer months I enjoy fruity or flowery teas.

So here we are, Tuesday Tea Time.

This morning I left the apartment around 8:30 & trekked the icy paths to get to my friend who I was meeting at a local coffee shop. This friend & I met roughly 10 years ago through youth ministry work & hadn't had the chance to catch up in quite some time. I ordered my tea (organic morning mint...or something like that) & he ordered his latte & we caught up on where the Spirit is working in our lives these days.

What I was reminded about during Tuesday Tea Time is how life giving networking is. If you're an introvert, you might think I'm crazy, but I'm definitely an extrovert. I thrive off of networking & peoples' stories. Networking is important for both introverts & extroverts, not only for human relationship & connectivity, but for sharing the gifts of life with one another through vocation.

We are all part of a large world & called as people in creation with other people & creations, to be with each other where we are, to be networking in relationship, vocation, & humanity.

What's your tea telling you today?

1 comment:

Tara Ulrich said...

Love this post! Thankful for you in my life, friend! Happy Tuesday!!