Thursday, August 16, 2007

Habari za ashabooi?

That is Swahili for "How are you this morning?" However, I have always been better at speaking foriegn languages & not so great at spelling so I am almost sure that I did not spell it all right.

Life is a bit crazy right now with being home for the week & organizing my belongings here only to pack a chunk of them all up again & leave for 4 months. I'm uber excited for what God has in store for my team & I though. Despite all my aprehensions & anxieties, I know that this is God's thing & not mine entirely. I say entirely because I do believe in free will. A good friend of mine said to me not too long ago that in life we have to work with what's in front of us at each moment & do what needs done to the best of our ability because at the end of the day the only person we have to deal with is ourselves & if we did our best then that's all we can do. He of course said it much more elegently.

I'm going into this year with Youth Encounter with joy, broken, skeptic, loving and learning to love deeper, wanting to get into the hearts of all those I work with and live with and learn their stories, & relying on God to lead the way & have faith that I won't lose that confidence in God.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Julia, I continue to be amazed and excited about what God is doing in and through your life. Thanks for being such a light to those you go to, as well as those you've left behind. My prayers are with you.

Chris Rickelman

Becky ((life...or something like it)) said...

God's Blessings go with you on your journey. I am so excited for you. This year is going to be incredible for you, and i am happy to be able to watch it unfold! I love you, Julia! You are always in my prayers...

becky

Melanie said...

Juls! I was so excited to see your post on the SF forum :-) I just asked D last evening if he remembered just when you were taking off for your adventure, and he couldn't remember, either. Know that we're thinking about you and praying for you lots, chica! Love you :-) Melanie

Jordan said...

I will miss you at Cap this year but I know you will be doing amazing things! I can't wait to read all about your adventures!